- Thatcher Engineering & Associates, Inc. is seeking a full-time Landscape Architect to add to our dynamic team. We are looking for an enthusiastic landscape architect who is committed to life-long learning and always expanding their knowledge of their discipline. Associates at Thatcher Engineering play an active role in the firm’s pursuit to reach its goals by not only performing at the top of their game for their specific position, but looking at the bigger picture to assist the firm in meeting its business development goals.
- Lead in the planning and design of commercial, industrial, and/or residential projects
- Extensive design experience in the preparation of land use plans and exhibits (site plans, conceptual landscape plans etc.) for residential, commercial, and/or industrial development, while adhering to design standards, agency processing requirements, and client expectations
- Extensive design experience in the preparation of landscape and irrigation plans for residential, commercial, and/or industrial development, while adhering to design standards, agency processing requirements, and client expectations
- Extensive experience in preparing clean design graphics and renderings
- Working knowledge of public agency standards and guidelines
- Sound judgment and initiative in the interpretation of policies, and in the planning and execution of projects is required.
- Originality, creativity and ingenuity are required to provide technical innovations by devising practical, aesthetic and economical solutions to problems in own or closely related disciplines.
- Ensure quality of design and implement new ideas through supervision, participation, plan reviews and training of less experienced staff.
- Effective working relationships are established with colleagues, associates, and clients.
- Familiarity with Riverside, Orange, and San Bernardino Counties and local agencies standards for land development and landscape architecture.
- Manage technical aspects of projects exhibiting strong proficiency in the preparation of landscape and irrigation plans for land development projects.
- Assist project manager in client/agency interaction, endeavor to build lasting relationships
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team depending on the assigned task.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple assignments and follow through on design tasks from start to finish.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Monitors project budgets and hours assigned to specific tasks.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in commercial, industrial, or residential development, with leadership skills to manage multi-disciplined engineering tasks.
- Proficient in landscape architecture design principles.
- Successful candidates will have well-developed creative problem solving, decision-making, communication and team building skills.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Landscape Architecture
- Possession of a LA License
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2016/Photoshop
- We offer a competitive salary and top tier benefits including company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, paid holidays and vacation time.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter (tell us a bit about yourself!) to:
Thatcher Engineering & Associates, Inc.
1461 Ford Street, Suite 105
Redlands, CA 92373
No phone calls or walk-ins please.