Consumer Advocacy law firm in Santa Monica is seeking a driven and determined Paralegal / Legal Assistant to become part of its rapidly growing team! The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting two attorneys with all aspects of case management, including but not limited to –
- Maintaining the attorneys’ calendars.
- Monitoring, maintaining and changing deadlines.
- Collecting, examining and organizing legal documents for attorney review and case preparation.
- Drafting and proofreading correspondence and legal documentation such as pleadings and motions.
- Preparing reports, case files and law and motion.
- Filing legal documents with all Federal and California courts via e-file and / or other methods required by the courts.
- Communicating with clients to schedule interviews and depositions.
- Communicating with defense counsel regarding scheduling depositions, IDC’s, etc.
- Aligning with our Firm’s core values, the ideal candidate is someone who –
- Has an associate’s degree in paralegal studies, a paralegal certificate or a Bachelor’s degree.
- Has 2-5 year’s experience as a paralegal and/or legal assistant ideally with California lemon law, consumer protection / products liability and / or personal injury law.
- Has proficiency in the California and Federal rules of civil procedure.
- Is detailed oriented and highly organized.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills and a professional demeanor.
- Has the ability to work cohesively and constructively with all levels of firm personnel.
- Has strong knowledge of Clio (or other case management system) and Microsoft Office.
- Has the ability to work independently, manage a large workload and keep deadlines.
- Has knowledge of court rules (and / or the ability to search if unknown) and ability to file documents with any California court and properly serve such documents to opposing counsel.