(Virtual) Event Planning Internship Description:
NALIP (National Association of Latino Independent Producers) is seeking to fill an Event Planning internship! We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented, organized, go-getter to help us plan and execute our upcoming virtual events. We plan workshops, panels, networking opportunities, and screenings. This role offers a great hands-on experience with an established non-profit organization.
This is an unpaid internship, college credit is available. Must be available at least 3 days a week and a minimum of 16 hours a week. This position is Remote for the remainder of 2020.
Must include cover letter with your application to be considered.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide extensive Logistical support that includes research, drafting emails, and technical support.
- Assist in preparation and execution of virtual events
- Work with Events & Communications Coordinators on event promotional ideation
- Assist in event registration and RSVP/guest lists.
- Aide in the ideation process of programming speakers
- Act as strategic thought partner in event strategies and implementations
- Write comprehensive written reports for event production as directed
- Be open to cross-collaboration with other departments
- Make your colleagues laugh or half-smile
- Be a team player
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Must be able to commit a minimum of 3 days per week
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to work under pressure
- Self starter who takes initiative with enthusiasm in creating their work
- Must be energetic and very proactive, someone who welcomes a challenge and is able to work in a fast-moving, demanding, flexible environment with limited day-to-day supervision
- Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities
- Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
- Accuracy, productivity and dependability are important attributes.
- Must have dependable internet access as all of the work and events will be done and hosted remotely
ASSUMED BASIC SKILLS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs
- Possession of professional office etiquette and behavior
- Willing and able to learn and be coached
- Demonstrate ability to develop a plan of action, achieve, and execute the plan successfully
- Excellent writing abilities
Please include a cover letter with your resume. Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will be asked to submit one prior to being considered for the position.
Job Type: Internship
- Day shift
To ensure the health and safety of our team, we are working and hosting all events/programs remotely.
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- How many years of experience do you have in using Google Suite?
- Fully Remote
- College Credit
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.