Digital Marketing Intern
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have created an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, productivity, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and can be expected to gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive range of products and services—from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of a world-class team, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you with the opportunity to work in Marketing or Sales to support our teams that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Thermo Fisher’s Marketing and Sales work is carried out by dedicated, team-oriented professionals who want to make a difference.
Summary of Internship
This internship will focus on executing and analyzing digital marketing and lead nurturing activities supporting one of our brands. This will include evaluating our SEO/SEM campaigns and understanding how people arrive at the website and what content they are consuming. The position will also help evaluate the effectiveness of our digital marketing content, including videos and banner advertisements by measuring time spent viewing videos and clicks on our ads. As Marketing identifies new leads, this position will ensure they are imported into Salesforce.com and assigned to the appropriate Sales Consultant or Inside Sales Specialist. This person will use this data to provide recommendations for our digital marketing strategies moving forward.
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited Bachelor’s or Masters degree in a business discipline
- Preferred majors: Business Marketing or Digital Marketing
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career in Marketing or Sales
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Exceptional customer focus
- Desire to teach other engineers and scientist about technology in area of expertise
- Previous industrial experience is preferred
- Experience with managing databases and SQL/SOQL is plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM and the Microsoft PowerBI system is preferred
- Aptitude for working with hands and having experience using hand-tools may be beneficial
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!