Three Squares Inc. (TSI) is one of the nation’s leading green event planning and sustainability consulting firms. With the underlying goal of providing the highest quality experience for all attendees with the least environmental impact, our green events team produces conferences and conventions for clients ranging from Honda to South Coast AQMD. Similarly, our sustainability consulting practice helps government agencies, corporations and nonprofits navigate the “green noise” and implement systems to meet and exceed their environmental goals. From sustainability action plan development to reporting & analysis, we work with our clients to set a new bar for their events and operations.
At the heart of TSI is a desire to create a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced, and personal growth is encouraged. We carry our mission of creating sustainable solutions for our clients through to our day-to-day lives. Creating an atmosphere of partnership and collaboration is of the utmost importance as we cannot create balanced solutions if we are not in balance as a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reports directly to the Director of Sustainable Events and the President.
The full-time admin assistant will work very closely with the President to organize her calendar, streamline conversations and projects, and communicate to external stakeholders on her behalf. A professional, level-headed, service-oriented, creative, resourceful, energetic person will thrive in this position.
50% of duties will be focused on providing assistance to the President of the firm, including:
– Scheduling phone calls, meetings and general client correspondence.
– Preparing briefing documents prior to meetings.
– Confirming all meetings in advance.
– Coordinating speaking engagements and/or public relations opportunities.
50% of duties will be focused on assisting the Director of Sustainable Events on all aspects of event development, the creation of marketing campaigns, and project implementation. Duties include but are not limited to:
– Administrative tasks (internet research, scheduling calls/travel/meetings, letter writing, meeting minutes, office supply purchasing, general office upkeep).
– Sponsor/exhibitor outreach, correspondence, coordination, and follow-up.
– Attendee registration assistance and customer service.
– Tracking and analyzing data for green event certifications, including ISO 20121 and Council for Responsible Sport.
– Assisting with logistics of events (day of event staffing, coordination of supplies, etc.).
– Website updates and maintenance.
– Maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor in the office and when off-site for client meetings.
– Respond promptly to all communications with staff and clients.
– Communicate effectively with staff to ensure that internal and external deadlines are met.
– Proofread all outgoing correspondence to ensure that communications are devoid of typos and grammatical errors.
1507 7th Street, #105 | Santa Monica, California 90401 | (888) 285-7782 | www.threesquaresinc.com
– At least two years of professional experience in an office setting in the field of administration, public relations, environmental consulting, event production, or a related field;
– Experience working as an assistant;
– Highly motivated self-starter, exceptionally well organized and detail-oriented, able to juggle many activities with grace and good humor;
– Hard working and able to work independently;
– Extremely internet savvy, familiar with social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn) and computer literate;
– Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
– Familiar with email marketing programs like Mailchimp and online registration programs like Eventbrite;
– Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; and,
– Passion for environmental causes and seeking a position with a high impact, purpose driven, and entrepreneurially run organization.
– Strong writing and communication skills, and organizational skills.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you follow the instructions below in your submittal:
– Email subject line should be: Application // Admin Assistant
– Resume attached as a PDF file – no longer than 1 page.
– Cover Letter attached as a PDF file – no longer than 1 page.
– Cover Letter addressed to: Jenna Petersen
– Cover Letter describes why you are a good fit for the position and why you would like to work for a sustainability-driven operation.
** Failure to follow the instructions above communicates that this position is not a fit and your submission will not advance to the next stage