Position: Teacher’s Assistant
Qualifications: The Teaching Assistant shows an interest and talent in working with 3 to 5-year old children. All TA’s must have (6) semester units of Early Childhood Education or have (3) units of ECE and be enrolled, working to complete six semester units. TA’s who are taking ECE classes may petition Town & Country Nursery School for an educational stipend. Any such petition is to be granted at the School’s discretion and must be submitted following completion of the classes in which TA earns a “B” or better grade in the class.
8:30-am-12:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and/or Friday. Option to work “Lunch Bunch” (after school program) Monday-Friday 12:30-3:00pm when needed.
- Assist the teacher in providing a warm and welcoming environment for children.
- Assist the teacher in the supervision of children, preparation of materials, set up and clean-up of activities, and observation of individual children.
- Be in good physical and emotional health. Must be strong enough to work with children ages 3-5 years of age. This may require lifting a child or equipment for safety.
- Listen and observe taking your cues from the teacher and children.
- Help children to develop confidence, independence, and responsibility by allowing them to make as many decisions or choices as possible.
- Accompany your assigned class to and from the playground, bathroom and nature hikes.
- Encourage children to become involved in play.
- Interact with children to promote socialization and play between children.
- Allow children to solve their own problems, providing guidance, modeling, and conflict resolution skills when necessary.
- Encourage children to use their words.
- Show respect and affection for children by listening, sitting at their level for eye contact and accessibility, making physical contact, providing a lap.
- Be aware of children at all times and able to move and intervene quickly for safety issues.
- Support children in learning and mastering self-care and personal hygiene skills i.e. using the toilet, washing hands, dressing themselves, putting on shoes and socks, etc.
- Allow the child to do as much for himself/herself as much as possible.
- Communicate with the teacher when necessary to clarify your approach with children. Do this when parent and children are absent.
- Alert the office manager in writing when supplies are running low or any piece of equipment is unsafe for children or needs repair.
- Attend teacher’s assistant meetings held during the year, usually to include two meetings with the Teacher.
California Licensing & State Requirements:
- Live Scan Fingerprints with DOJ (upon being hired Town & Country Nursery School will provide the needed forms and you will be reimbursed for the cost of the live scan)
- 1207-Child Care Provider: Child Abuse Mandated Reporter Training (once hired you will be given the link so that you can complete the training and once completed you will be issued a certificate of completion)
- Health Screen Report (Health form will be provided by Town & Country Nursery School upon being hired)
- MMR & Tdap vaccinations
- Tuberculosis Test
Competitive hourly wages, flexible hours, direct deposit, tuition reimbursement for necessary ECE courses in which a grade of a “B” or better is earned in the class. Town and Country Nursery School covers 85% of health insurance for 5 day a week employees, annual salary increases (based on good performance).
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Town & Country Nursery School @ email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in Town & Country Nursery School!