Transphorm is redefining power conversion. Leveraging breakthroughs in modern materials and unmatched expertise, Transphorm's ultra-efficient power modules eliminate up to 90% of all electric conversion losses. From HVACs to hybrids; servers to solar panels - Transphorm enables significant energy savings across the grid. We are a mid-stage dynamic start-up company, backed by premier investment professionals. This will be a position within our Power Electronics & Circuits Team.
- Build, document and/or procure reliability/electrical test systems including microcontroller implementation.
- Ensure technical support for circuit-design projects includes PCB assembly, soldering, test execution and parts procurement.
- Advanced support includes circuit-design optimization through test and modification of PCB schematic, computer controlled instruments, BOM or layout, and code documentation.
- Oversee testing of final assemblies and develop automated or customized test stations.
- Manage the revision control process for evaluation boards.
- Communicate regularly and proactively with the Sr. MTS, Power Electronics regarding work load, project status, and team needs.
- Participate in planning and strategy meeting related to evaluation boards.
- Develop, perform and document characterization and reliability tests.
- Perform electrical failure analysis to support physics of failure analysis.
- Implement reliability investigation of unit step processes/structures as required as to support process/device development and validation
- Minimum degree requirement is a B.Sc. in EE, Physics, or similar.
- Experience in analog or digital IC circuit design
- Practical experience in trouble shooting of equipment and measurements
- Knowledge of semiconductor device design and operation.
- Able to work independently as part of team approach to projects.
- Knowledge of design of experiments, and accessing databases is a plus.
- Excellent communication and writing skills to interface with all levels of the team
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel minimum).
- Experience in PCB layout (Altium, Eagle, Pads, etc.), Labview
- Excellent problem solving skills and an analytical approach to tasks, ability to evaluate and present results effectively (written and verbal)
- Understanding of data and statistical analysis strongly desired
- Experience in fast paced start-up environment or fast growing new business unit at a larger company is desirable.
- Prefer 2-5 years experience in testing IC devices
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.