Data Engineer Intern
We are looking for a Data Engineer Intern to support and improve upon data pipeline processes and enable new uses for our data stores. You will collaborate with our data engineers, data scientists, data analysts and product stakeholders to implement processes and infrastructure that support our data driven reports and analytics. These systems process billions of location data points per day.
Daily work may involve:
- Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines.
- Assemble large, complex data sets for client samples.
- Craft regular scheduled data feeds by extracting and transforming data from various sources.
- Query data stores for report generation and analytics.
- Document best practices and organize internal technical collateral.
Knowledge / Background
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux environment including basic commands and shell scripting
- Education: While a Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology related field is great, an equivalent of this educational requirement in working experience is also accepted for this position.
- Interest in big data and data stores (Spark, HIVE, or Hadoop)
- Cooperative team spirit with strong attention to detail
- Ability to break down complex problems into manageable steps
- Ability to build rapport with product, project, and QA teams
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Experience with scripting languages especially Python
- Exposure to Cloud-based platforms like Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Exposure to Data visualization tools like Tableau or Power BI
- Familiarity with relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- Interest in EMR, Athena
- Interest in GIS
- Interest in working with mobile location data
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.