**Please note, UCLA Recreation facilities are currently closed. We are currently seeking students for employment to start August/September. We are unsure of our exact date of re-opening as the situation is changing by the week, but can provide more details upon interviewing.
The Purpose of the FITWELL Consultant is to supervise and ensure safety of participants in all areas at KREC, including cardio and strength areas. Assist members with general use of strength and cardio equipment including set-up and safety features.
Job Qualifications Required
• Must be able to lift and move heavy weights (up to 55 pounds)
• Must be a UCLA student
• Minimum of six months customer service experience
• Minimum of six months fitness training experience -work related or personal
• Must be available to work at least 12 hours/week. (Must be available for at least one opening shift (starting at 5:15am), closing shift (ending at 11:30p or 10:00pm) per week and one weekend/holiday shift per quarter.)
• Must obtain CPR/AED/FA certification within one quarter of being hired
• Work study preferred
• Graduate students preferred
• Self-motivated, friendly, positive attitude
• Minimum of one year customer service experience
• Minimum one year strength training experience -work related or personal
• Maintain records of room usage, incidents, equipment-checkout and equipment conditions.
• Organize, monitor, and clean the strength & cardio equipment.
• Monitor access and serve members at the KREC FITWELL desk by greeting and assisting patrons in person, over the phone and via email, cashiering duties, creating/inputting simple data on computers and promoting programs and services.
• Open/close facility when needed.
• Respond to emergencies, including but not limited to, administering first aid and CPR.
• Work flexible hours including weekend and holidays.
Positions are year round for UCLA students. Students may work up to 19.5 hrs/week during the academic quarter and up to 40 hrs/week during the academic breaks.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.