INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ELIGIBILITY, PLEASE REACH OUT TO THE EMPLOYER.
The UCLA Strategic Communications Marketing team is looking for a Student Social Media Community Manager to join our team. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media platforms.
In this role, you will be working closely with the @UCLA social media staff to support everyday posting, engagement, monitoring, and reporting. You will gain knowledge of social media marketing strategy in collaboration with traditional, digital, and campus marketing efforts.
This position is long-term and available immediately. Schedule is flexible.
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Contributing to daily user engagement on the UCLA social media channels including responding to mentions, engaging with users, and answering inbox messages/inquiries for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Keeping a calendar of upcoming on-campus events/initiatives/social media “holidays” in brainstorming ways to involve @UCLA Social Media
- Monitoring and scheduling content in advance for various social media platforms
- Tracking and reporting bi-weekly social media metrics for the marketing team.
- Attending on-campus events for social media coverage and strategy when schedule permits
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- An interest in marketing, communications, or media relations
- Ability to work well under the pressure of content delivery deadlines, and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Availability to attend campus events when schedule permits
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, etc.
- Video and design skills, as well as knowledge of Photoshop and Canva, a plus
- Can work a minimum of 10 hours per week but no more than 20.
More details on this position and job duties are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page. Career Services always recommends that you check out the company website.