The Alzheimer’s Clinical Trial Consortium (ACTC) within the USC Keck School of Medicine – Alzheimer’s Therapeutic Research Institute (ATRI) located in San Diego, CA, seeks a research professional to work under the direction of the co-leaders of the ACTC Recruitment Unit in coordinating the manifold activities of the unit related to the ongoing recruitment and retention of trial participants.
Provides specialized professional support services to administrators and/or project managers in the administration of clinical trials research and/or administrative projects related to clinical trial operations and programs. Assists in the administration and coordination of a variety of research and/or administrative projects including planning, budgeting, organizing, research and delivery of services. Coordinates and supervises work assignments of other administrative personnel as assigned. A successful candidate will be a team player who develops a deep understanding of each clinical trial and our trial responsibilities and has the ability to take on increasing responsibility at the Institute and the Consortium.
- Assists in the administration and coordination of a variety of research and/or administrative projects and provides quality control. Assists in developing and implementing project goals and strategies. Assists with short and long term planning and design of project direction and objectives. Provides assistance to management with administrative functions such as planning, organizing, coordinating, scheduling and implementing project activities to meet objectives. Participates in writing of reports or other documentation of project status and/or administrative activities or project results. Oversees administrative project personnel as assigned
- Assists in the planning of data collection. Recommends methods and procedures for data acquisition, management and quality control. Recommends statistical techniques for data analysis as needed. Generates graphs, charts, or tables to present analysis results and provides interpretation. Prepares reports, correspondence, other materials and analysis according to project schedules or on an ad hoc basis, or instructs others to do so.
- Creates status reports on project plans, progress and results of activities. Coordinates publication production and/or dissemination in order to meet deadlines.
- Researches, gathers, organizes and summarizes data for project and/or administrative reports and/or activities. Analyzes data; presents results and makes recommendations on presentations of project and/or administrative reports.
- Evaluates effectiveness of project direction, schedules, activities, etc. Recommends and implements project activities and/or modifications of project activities and/or schedules as necessary to ensure achievement of project goals and objectives.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews of assigned projects. Instructs project personnel on quality assurance procedures and answers questions regarding data collection, management and analysis methods. Monitors problem areas and submits regular reports with recommendations. Takes necessary steps to address issues and resolve problems.
- Assists in developing and updating department policies and procedures and/or project procedures and coordinating implementation. Communicates and/or documents. Develops forms, flow charts and system requirements.
- Participates in development and administration of project or department budgets. Provides pertinent data and projections for use in developing project or department budgets. Authorizes expenditures within established limits. Tracks and monitors budget activity and analyzes variances. Produces interim financial reports.
- Interfaces with faculty and/or staff and external contacts necessary to complete project assignments or for information exchange. Resolves problems or questions referred by project staff or administrators
- Provides leadership, guidance and supervision to staff, student workers, volunteers and/or graduate assistants. Leads others in the planning and delivery of project activities. Trains project or administrative personnel and assesses proficiency or readiness of trainees.
- Develops and maintains electronic databases and/or other records for reporting purposes. Enters and/or verifies database transactions as necessary. Provides technical support and design enhancements
- Arranges and attends meetings, seminars, symposia and other events related to project efforts. Makes presentations, as needed. Establishes and maintains an active network of professional contacts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related project or administrative experience.
Salary is dependent on your experience and education.
Position Location: San Diego, California
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.