Project Engineer – Full Time
(Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, Electrical, Engineering Mgmt, Civil)
USG’s Project Engineer position is an entry-level assignment. It is a ‘hands-on’ training assignment within a plant environment with immediate responsibility, including “troubleshooting” plant engineering or production problems, researching and utilizing opportunities to enhance operations, and implementing capital expenditures programs for new or modernized facilities and equipment.
Additionally, Project Engineers sometimes serve as supervisors, which provides firsthand experience in managing employees. This position is designed to provide the incumbent with broad manufacturing exposure for positions of greater responsibility.
Project Engineers can move into future positions such as plant department managers, subsidiary staff engineers, production engineers and technical service engineers. Opportunities for growth can also emerge in other areas – such as marketing, research and general management. Future assignments will likely involve relocation to other plant locations.
Project Engineers report to plant production or engineering managers.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists in the monitoring and execution of the plant safety program.
· Prepares and follows to completion all assigned capital authorities and job sheet requests. Trains external contractors on plant safety procedures. Supervises external contractors on the completion of work.
· Utilizes technical training to advise and design various engineering solutions as required by reliability and operating departments.
· Assists department managers with various facility preparation and planning efforts to support daily operations. Completes administrative tasks as needed for the position.
· Works with existing project engineers and other plant personnel to administer plant policies and support plant and facility maintenance and operating departments in planning and implementing major routine, non-routine, and infrastructure expenditures.
· Qualified candidates will have attained a bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Civil, Engineering Mgmt or Industrial.
· 1 – 2 years related experience in a manufacturing environment desirable.
· Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
· Minimum GPA of 2.75 required.
· Graduation Date: December 2020 or earlier
USG is an equal opportunity employer.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.