Mental Health Provider
Ventura County Community College District
Salary: $65.00 Hourly
Job Type: Professional Expert
Job Number: Professional Expert
Location: Oxnard College (Oxnard CA), CA
Department: OC – Student Development
The District has a need to hire a temporary Mental Health Provider to serve the students of Oxnard College by providing short-term personal counseling. Direct services may include treatment planning and crisis intervention, individual counseling, group sessions, and staff training, with referral to community mental health resources as necessary. This position will be housed in Oxnard College’s Student Health Center and report to the Vice President of Student Development.
Master’s degree in Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Social Work AND the corresponding license to practice therapy: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT); Marriage, Family and Child Counseling (MFCC); Licensed Marriage and Family Counselor (LMFC); or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
(All licenses/certifications, to practice in the State of California, must be maintained throughout course of employment)
• Experience working in a college or university health service. Meets licensing requirements to be Clinical Supervisor
• Working with the veterans, to include knowledge/experience with clients coping with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and traumatic brain injury (TBI)
• Management experience in a mental health service/agency
• Experience on multidisciplinary teams
• Knowledge of electronic record systems
• Experience working with foster care and homeless youth
• Experience with working with transitional age youth.
• Spanish speaking.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Subsequently, this posting may close at any time.
You must attach proof of your qualifying education (transcripts) and valid license/certification(s) to your application in order for your application to be considered complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered.
This is considered a temporary professional expert assignment. As such, employees hired in this capacity are considered at will and do not accrue property interest in the assignment.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.