Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Are you the type of person that believes in doing the right thing even when there is an easier path to take? Is your personal motto Quality First? If this describes you, you might be a good fit for our Quality Engineering Team.
In this role, you will grow your engineering career as you:
- Review product yield and field reliability data for trends and provide analysis and recommendations to business.
- Help drive root cause investigations and process improvement efforts as well as create/implement world class quality practices (i.e. Pareto Analysis, Histograms, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Cpk, etc.) and business tools to help streamline this analysis.
- Contribute and provide input to evaluate quality performance of Viasat products.
- Help coordinate Corrective Action Requests (CARs) and Failure Analysis Requests (FARs) for improvement. Conduct and provide analysis on Gage R&R studies.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams as you purpose and implement process changes or new solutions.
- Currently pursuing a degree bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Able to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
- Experience in process improvement, root cause and corrective action, failure analysis, lean manufacturing, data analysis
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.