Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Interns in this role should demonstrate curiosity, critical thinking and empathy in supporting our design and development teams to build products that meet and exceed the needs of our users and customers and meet business goals. As a User Experience (UX) Research Intern, you’ll identify the research need, develop the plan, execute the appropriate research methodology and most importantly learn what our users and customers need from our products and services. You’ll then bring the user to life by sharing those findings with experience designers, product managers, visual designers, content strategists and engineers.
- Work with UX researchers, experience designers, visual designers, product managers, and engineers to review current and existing data and product designs to identify the need, gaps, and develop your research plan
- Design and conduct independent primary research on multiple aspects of how users experience our current and future products including but not limited to user/usability testing, journey mapping, user personas, etc.
- Analyze and summarize results of the study and make data-driven recommendations based on findings
- Conduct oral, written and visual presentations about research findings to team members and stakeholders
- Identify and organize quantitative feedback from analytics for apps and websites to share with design team for improvements and opportunities
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in UX/UI Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Information Science, Data Science, Statistics, Human Factors, or anther related field
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after completion of the internship
- Experience conducting user research: user personas, journey maps, user/usability testing, quantitative research, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication, and collaboration skills
- Curiosity and passion for understanding the needs of the user
- Able to commit to a 10-12 week internship
- Work/project experience in applied research: integrating user research into product designs
- Research experience with users with accessibility needs
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.