Welltower Inc. (NYSE: WELL), an S&P 500 company headquartered in Toledo, Ohio, is driving the transformation of healthcare infrastructure. With an enterprise value of over $50B, Welltower is the world’s largest healthcare real estate investment trust (REIT). Concentrated in major, high-growth markets throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, Welltower delivers the health care infrastructure necessary to facilitate better treatment at lower costs and keep patients out of the hospital. We provide real estate capital to leading seniors housing operators, post-acute care providers, and health systems, enabling these companies to grow, innovate, and ultimately provide better care. Our impact will be profound as we advance our work, our mission, and continue to assemble a diverse, talented, performance-focused team of employees.
Welltower Inc. offers accomplished students the opportunity to intern through one of our engaging summer programs. Our Investments internship focuses on our Investments responsibilities including underwriting, asset management, management services and development. It allows interns to combine their analytical and communication skills across our platform of services. Our ability to create, strengthen and manage external and internal relationships is the cornerstone of our success. Our relationship-based strategy is what makes us a leader in our industry.
Our programs span ten weeks and provide students with the opportunity to: directly interact with our senior management team, assume ownership of significant projects, and experience personal and professional growth and development, all within a culture that rewards ambition and drive.
The Investments team is responsible for:
- Analyzing investment opportunities from initial valuation through closing
- The creation and management of our seniors housing and medical facilities relationships
- Working with our partners to ensure strong financial performance and operations of our joint assets
- Underwriting acquisition and development opportunities
- Operator/client credit analysis; business plan review and analysis
- Analyzing operator performance
- Conducting site visits and market assessments
- Conducting variance analyses; performing liquidity analyses
- Evaluating management teams and properties
- Evaluating property risk
- Analyzing operator performance
- Building financial models
- Creating budgets and forecasts
- Monitoring leasing activity
- Updating ARGUS models
- Understanding market supply and demand fundamentals
- Managing relationships with our operators and partners
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Project management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software systems
- Organizational savvy and finesse
- Interpersonal communication
- Ability to work independently
- A positive and professional attitude
Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Experience: Previous internship and/or work experience preferred.
Education: Must maintain a student status from an accredited College or University.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen including nicotine screen (in states where permissible).
Welltower is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.