We are looking to grow our engineering department and have a Level 2 Engineer position available. We are looking for a well rounded engineer who possesses both electrical and mechanical engineering capabilities. Either can be your emphasis. Experience with designing power generation equipment is a plus.
We are looking for hard working and well rounded engineering candidates with a few years of experience in a related field. Ideally a candidate will be well versed in both electrical and mechanical engineering typical of mobile equipment and power generation. Hands on experience in the use and operation of such equipment will be considered an advantage when evaluating applicants.
Wenzlau Engineering provides competitive pay, healthcare, 401K retirement accounts with contribution matching, and a challenging work environment.
The following is the detailed job description:
The purpose of this position is to provide technical engineering input and complete related tasks in support of the successful completion of technical program goals and metrics.
Overview of Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Review, interpret, and analyze requirements and collaborate with internal and external contacts to clarify and refine requirements
- Concept and design solutions to meet customer, internal, or derived requirements
- Research solution components, perform component selection analyses, and select components
- Create controlling artifacts such as bills of material, models, drawings, prototypes, specifications, analyses, and various other documentation to specify and control solutions
- Validate controlling artifacts against requirements
- Work with program management and mission assurance to identify problems and provide solutions
- Provide assistance to other engineering and technical documentation department resources as requested
- Provide guidance and assistance to, and collaborate with, other departments as required to ensure the successful completion of programs
- Analyze and incorporate revisions to designs as necessary
- Provide technical guidance in field or manufacturing areas or settings as required to support the successful completion of program requirements
- Perform other various duties as assigned
The successful candidate for this position must meet or exceed the qualifications listed below.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Windows platform and Microsoft Office suite applications
- Typing speed 45 words per minute or greater (test yourself: http://typingspeedtest.net)
- Process-oriented disposition and mentality (a commitment to following procedures, instructions, and rules)
- Experience and/or interest in technical or mechanical disciplines (desired)
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from ABET accredited four-year college or university in related engineering field, or proven equivalent necessary skills and experience
- 6+ years experience in related or similar field involving mechanical and/or electrical system and component design
- Experience and high proficiency with Autodesk AutoCAD and Inventor design software
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in working in a team environment
- Must be dependable and punctual
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.