Whova is seeking a UX/UI Designer! As a UX/UI Designer, you will work with the product team to design the digital experience across Whova’s web and mobile products. Your role will contribute to all aspects of design: visual, user experience, product and interaction.Online portfolio required to apply.
Whova provides an all-in-one event management solutions including a mobile event app to support conferences, expos, trade shows, networking and business events. Whova is a fast-growing company with customers in more than 50 countries.
Whova has recently been named as one of the Best Places to Work in San Diego in 2019, four years in a row after receiving it in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
Whova also won the Fastest Growing Private Companies award from the San Diego Business Journal in 2018 and 2019.
- Drive design projects from ideation to execution.
- Work closely with the product and engineering managers to design new features and improve existing features across Whova’s web and mobile products.
- Successfully communicate your concepts, ranging from strategy and UX concepts to UI and individual components, to a broad range of audiences.
- Conduct user research to identify problems and validate designs.
- Present work to stakeholders and make improvements based on feedback.
- Contribute ideas to help grow and shape the design culture and improve processes within the company
- Education in Product Design, Interaction/UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field
- Proficiency in current design and prototyping tools (Sketch, inVistion, etc) and ability to learn new ones as projects require.
- Knowledge of Web, iOS, and Android design standards.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methods.
- Creative, curious, and not afraid of asking questions.
- Ability to connect design decisions back to business objectives and user research.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Genuine passion for empathizing with and understanding our users.
- Ambitious and constantly striving for personal growth and development.
- Base salary, medical benefits, paid sick and vacation leave
- Fast growing career potential
- Fun, upbeat, and collaborative office environment
- In-office gym
- Pizza Fridays
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.