Wildermuth Environmental, Inc. (WEI) is seeking senior water resources engineers to join the WEI team to enhance and expand our technical capabilities, to provide leadership, and to grow the firm. Specifically, we are looking for self-motivated accomplished professional engineers that have proven leadership and project management skills, and demonstrated technical knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures in: civil engineering, hydrogeology, hydrology, or surface water/groundwater modeling. A master’s degree is desirable.
The successful candidate will be expected will be expected to perform technical work on more than one project simultaneously; provide all necessary direction, project management, supervision, coordination, and follow‐up on staff work to ensure that quality standards are met, and efficiency levels are maintained; and fulfill the contracted scope, schedule, and budget so that client expectations are met or surpassed. These professionals will be expected to manage clients, regulators, and complex project situations with creative problem-solving skills and flexibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate projects, including development of scopes of work and budgets
- Conduct data analysis, including writing code to manipulate large data sets for time-series analysis and/or modeling
- Conduct hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Perform geostatistical analyses using ArcGIS or similar software products
- Develop, use or interpret surface water and groundwater models
- Prepare facilities planning and cost estimating
- Work with with other technical disciplines including environmental scientists, hydrogeologists, groundwater modeling professionals and attorneys
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in hydrology, engineering, hydrogeology, or a related field
- Minimum of five years of experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in the use of HSPF, MODFLOW, SURFER, RockWorks, ArcMap or QGIS
- Experience in the use of programming languages to manipulate large data sets
- Registered professional civil engineering license a plus
- Groundwater modeling experience a plus
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.