At Willdan, we seek action-oriented thought leaders, who are driven to solve some of tomorrow’s biggest challenges – especially those in energy and infrastructure. Our employees want to make a difference, and we have the ambition, resources, and technical know-how to do it. Our rapid growth and successes over the past five decades stem from our ability to think big while also paying special attention to project quality and customer service.
Willdan is a leading, nationwide provider of comprehensive energy and sustainability solutions. The exciting and growing energy sector provides Willdan employees an opportunity to contribute to the clean energy economy. Willdan Performance Engineering, a division of Willdan Group, inspires and empowers communities by creating transformational environments. Our clients include school districts; universities; city, county, and state governments; private enterprises; and healthcare facilities. Our dynamic and inclusive culture embodies the following values:
- We drive change
- We think long-term
- We are courageous experts delivering ambitious solutions
- Personal growth drives organizational growth; Organizational growth drives personal growth
- We succeed when we are accountable as a team
- We cultivate diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams committed to serving our communities
We are looking for an eager and energetic Project Development Engineer that is passionate about the Solar PV, EV energy and sustainability industry. This individual will be a part of a dynamic team, delivering creative facility and energy solutions to our clients. The selected candidate will become a part of a growing organization that is invested in your career growth, with competitive benefits and a diverse project workload. This individual will be shaped to become the next leader in the energy industry. Come grow with us!
- Support design-build projects by working with a team of senior project developers, design engineers, and construction managers to develop, sell, and implement energy saving and decarbonization projects. Primary focus will be supporting solar, battery, and EV projects, but may include traditional energy efficiency projects as needed.
- Support fleet electrification and public EV infrastructure planning projects including energy analysis, charging strategies, siting analysis, cost estimating, and conceptual layouts.
- Develop expertise in DER modeling software, including Helioscope and Energy Toolbase, to support initial financial modeling and design efforts
- Collaborate with the team to improve development of internal modeling tools, as well as template standardization for coordination with other existing analysis templates and tools
- Manage the use of Asana and tasks for anything related to Project Development
- Researches, studies, and proposes use of new and emerging technologies to be used in the development of new projects.
- Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s vision and purpose, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or a related field of engineering is Preferred
- 0-2 year of project development experience
- Experience in Public Sector energy engineering with Cities, Counties and School Districts preferred
- Excellent initiative, and interpersonal communications skills required
- Experience working on multiple projects and interdisciplinary teams of professionals
- Moderate regional travel required with possibility of limited national travel; overnight travel about 20%
EEO Non-Discrimination and ADA Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, religion, military service or veteran status, disability, medical condition, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic testing, reproductive status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Willdan does not discriminate on the basis of physical or mental disability where the essential functions of the job can be reasonably accommodated. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us.
Willdan Group, Inc. participates in E-Verify