Junior Compliance Analyst
As part of the Wilshire family you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. We are known for creating a global brand with market defining products such as the Wilshire 5000 Total Market Index. Our solutions-based approach supported by a strong commitment to research remains the cornerstone of what keeps us at the leading edge of modern quantitative finance. For nearly 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment applications.
Wilshire Associates seeks a Junior Compliance Analyst reporting to the CCO. In this role you will provide support to the Compliance team, assist in a broad range of compliance and regulatory matters and help to manage the firm’s compliance calendar. We are looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented candidate with strong administrative and analytical skills and high ethical standards, who will excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Background in the financial/investment industry is helpful but not necessary. Strong organizational skills, an eye for detail, a client service orientation and sound judgment are a necessity.
What you’ll do:
- Provide assistance with the execution, monitoring and testing of the firm’s global compliance policies and procedures.
- Maintain the firm’s compliance calendar and support the Compliance department to stay on task in the fulfillment of its compliance obligations.
- Assist in enforcing firm’s compliance policies and code of ethics.
- Maintain logs that record the implementation of the firm’s compliance policies and procedures
- Assist in managing SEC, NFA, and other regulatory obligations and filings (eg. Form ADV).
What you have:
- Relevant undergraduate degree or commensurate experience (recent graduates encouraged to apply).
- 0 to 3 years of experience in financial/ investment or related industry.
- Strong desire to work in the investment industry in a compliance role.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good judgment with the ability to spot issues and know when to escalate matters.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify and avoid obstacles.
- Flexibility to adjust priorities to meet changing timeframes/requests.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
What you get:
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Work/Life Balance: 15 days of PTO, 13 paid holidays per year (includes the week between Christmas and New Year’s)
- Wellness: affordable comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, FSA/life insurance/STD/LTD/EAP, Rideshare incentives
- CFA/CIPM/CAIA Incentive Program and Professional Membership support
- Lifestyle Support: Annual health fair, on-site biometrics screening and flu shots, weekly lunches, snacks, discounted movie tickets/theme park passes
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation (defined as having a preference for heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality, having a history of such a preference or being identified with such a preference). Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Associates adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do.
Wilshire Associates Incorporated is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.
If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.
Santa Monica, California, United States
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.