As part of the Wilshire family you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. We are known for creating a global brand with market defining products such as the Wilshire 5000 Total Market Index. Our solutions-based approach supported by a strong commitment to research remains the cornerstone of what keeps us at the leading edge of modern quantitative finance. For nearly 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment applications.
Wilshire Associates is looking for an investment operations professional to join its OCIO team. This person will be an integral member of the discretionary operations team, primarily responsible for cash flow management, rebalancing portfolios, and compliance monitoring for clients of the Wilshire OCIO business. This individual will work closely with other team members to ensure that the client portfolios are appropriately managed and monitored from an operations perspective.
What you’ll do:
- Initiate cash flow transactions between affiliated parties including client portfolios, custodian banks, and investment managers
- Coordinate benefit payments and portfolio rebalancing
- Operational support to clients on a daily or ad hoc basis
- Perform cash and position reconciliation between the custodian and internal accounting reports
- Monitor portfolios to ensure holdings are compliant with stated manager investment guidelines
- Maintain and enhance procedures for a strong internal control environment
- Assist with the implementation and roll out of next generation business intelligence and reporting applications to support all aspects of operations
- Support clients’ auditors during their annual audit process
What you have:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in institutional accounting, investments, or a combination of both
- BA/BS in finance/accounting/information technology related studies preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills are essential
- Quantitative and analytical skills required with a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with strong project management skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
What you get:
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus opportunity
- 15 days of PTO, 13 paid holidays per year (includes the week between Christmas and New Year’s)
- Wellness: affordable comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, FSA/life insurance/STD/LTD/EAP, Rideshare incentives
- CFA/CIPM/CAIA Incentive Program and Professional Membership support
- Lifestyle Support: Annual health fair, on-site biometrics screening and flu shots, weekly lunches, snacks, discounted movie tickets/theme park passes
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation (defined as having a preference for heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality, having a history of such a preference or being identified with such a preference). Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Associates adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do.
Wilshire Associates Incorporated is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.
If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.