Young & Zinn LLP, an established 6-attorney defense-side employment law firm in Downtown Los Angeles, has a full -time opening for a Legal Assistant. The position is responsible for providing legal and administrative support to three senior attorneys, who each have a 1,400 billable hours budget.
Candidates should have a minimum of five (5) years state and federal court litigation experience as a legal assistant, preferably in California. Excellent grammar, communication, and organizational skills are also required.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Formatting and filing documents with state and federal courts and administrative agencies;
- Calendaring appointments, litigation matters, and attorney schedules;
- Managing files, opening new matters, and maintaining case files, both electronically and manually; and
- Preparing attorney time sheets and expense reports.
Required skills and competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and document management and timekeeping software;
- Strong civil litigation experience, including court filings with federal, state (CA), and appellate courts (e-filing experience included);
- Strong writing and organizational skills;
- Strong attention to detail; and
- Ability to multitask and set priorities while meeting deadlines.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in Word or PDF form only.
Young & Zinn LLP offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.