Overview: IGN is looking for a talented Video Producer with a love of entertainment and video games. This position is currently remote, but in future (when it is safe to do so) will be in our San Francisco or Los Angeles (Culver City) office. Experience working on web content for TV or Online Media preferred.
What will get you in the door?
● A reel demonstrating strength in premium and commercial video production
● Writing samples showcasing critical and creative thinking for short form video
● Strong eye for shooting, producing, and editing
● Experience in writing short form digital segments
● Experience with professional cameras such as Sony FS7/FS5, Blackmagic URSA, etc.
● Experience lighting for interviews and/or scenes.
● 1-3 years of Post-Production experience.
● Adobe Premiere is required.
● Ability to work well with others in a collaborative, team environment
● A positive, problem-solving attitude
● Passion for IGN and video games, movies, television, and comics
● Supervise and execute remote/studio/location shoots for a monthly video production
● Work closely with IGN Editorial and game publisher client to concept, produce, and publish content that will resonate with our audience
● Identify and oversee additional production resource needs to execute desired production
● Ability to utilize basic techniques including applying graphics, titling, keying, audio filters, etc.
● Oversee aspects of editing, encoding, and publishing.
It would be extra awesome if you have…
● Knowledge of VMIX or other similar technical directing software.
● Experience executing pre-produced and live remote productions
● Experience developing and pitching original content in the games and entertainment space
● Experience producing video content in remote workflow scenarios
● A passion for video games
● Strong understanding of emerging web-video technologies.
● Understanding of Internet trends, SEO principles, etc.
● Done production at a TV or entertainment-centric company.
● Knowledge of esports
Here’s the good stuff about us…
● Live and breathe movies, TV and comics & games – we see secrets before the rest of the world
● Lots of opportunity to dream big and make things happen
● Open and casual work environment
Come geek out with us, but be prepared to work as hard as you play. It’s serious business, after all.
More details on this position are available through Handshake Online Job Board. You must have an account to log in. For account eligibility details, please see the Handshake Resource page.