Handshake Online Job Board
Students actively enrolled in a Certificate Program and Extension Alumni with an earned Gold Certificate can subscribe to Handshake, the UCLA Career Center online job board where employers across industries post job and internship opportunities at all career levels.
- Handshake access is FREE for current enrolled Certificate Students (with paid candidacy)
- Certificate Graduates (program completed) can access Handshake via paid subscription, $30/6-months
HOW TO REGISTER
Step 1: Create a UCLA Logon ID (also called BOL)
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS before clicking on the link
- Go to https://accounts.iam.ucla.edu
- Click on “Create a UCLA Logon ID” (lower left-hand side of screen).
- Indicate if you have a 9 Digit UCLA ID Number (UID): Select ‘I do not have a 9 digit UCLA ID Number’.
- Follow the prompts to create your account:
- Make sure to enter your First Name and Last Name EXACTLY as indicated on your UCLA Extension Student Record – you can view this on your Student Portal.
- Use lowercase letters for your UCLA Logon ID and activate MFA (required).
- Congratulations, you now have a BOL account! Make sure to write down/save your username/password. You will use you BOL account to log onto Handshake.
Step 2. Register
- Go to https://sa.ucla.edu/CC/CareerServices/UserIdentification
- Sign in using your BOL account username and password that you created in step 1.
- After signing in, you will be prompted to register because you a new user.
- Since you are an Extension student you will get a message saying that Handshake can’t find you in the system and to click on “I’m an Extension student/alumnus”
- The system will then prompt you to put in your:
- UCLA Extension Student ID (starts with the letter X, log in to your UCLA Extension student portal account to locate the number).
- Email address (must be the primary email on your UCLA Extension Student Account).
- Click “Submit”. The system will take 24 hours to process your registration. You should be able to log into Handshake – https://ucla.joinhandshake.com/ – the following day.
- For UCLA Extension Certificate Alumni, you will be prompted to make a payment in order to access Handshake. The system will take 24 hours to process your payment. You should be able to log into Handshake – https://ucla.joinhandshake.com/ – the following day.
- Alumni with active paid subscriptions from BruinView will be carried over to Handshake (you will not have to submit payment until your 6-month subscription expires).
After you have completed the registration (including 24 hr processing time) you can directly access Handshake at https://ucla.joinhandshake.com/. Make sure to click on “UCLA Click Here” and use your UCLA Logon ID that you created in step 1 to log in. Do not use the email option, that will not work.
If you have any question or have trouble registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-267-1317.